AGL’s Hunter Information Centre opens in Singleton

Social, legal and health issues related to air and water toxic pollution in Australia.

AGL’s Hunter Information Centre opens in Singleton

Postby HVPA_research » Tue May 10, 2011 9:14 am

-
Link to this page: http://forum.huntervalleyprotectionalliance.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=322
-

We should have a regular appearance of the Grim Reaper at this site, handing out pamphlets, and inviting the press. I'm certainly happy to do it when I'm back in town.

They will keep a record of all visits, even if the visits are to complain, and then add them up and say just how much community consultation they have invigorated. So I don't know whether or not we go in and complain, or just boycott it. If we boycott it, then they'll say that nobody has any interest in what they are doing.

GG

AGL Media release

AGL’s Hunter Customer Service and Information Centre opens today in Singleton

9 May 2011

AGL is pleased to announce the opening today of its Hunter Customer Service and Information Centre in Singleton, an AGL shop front that will encourage the local community to learn about its offerings and operations in the Hunter region.

AGL staff will be available at the centre to provide information about the Hunter Gas Project’s exploration activities for coal seam gas (CSG), which is part of AGL’s strategy to build natural gas supply for its NSW customers.

Visitors to the centre can also learn about AGL’s products and services, sign up to become an AGL customer, and take advantage of the company’s market leading gas and electricity product offerings.

AGL’s Group General Manager Upstream Gas, Mike Moraza, said that the Hunter Customer Service and Information Centre will provide the community with access to AGL staff as well as information about the Hunter gas project.

“As one of Australia’s leading developers of renewable and low-emission energy assets, AGL is committed to working closely and cooperatively with our neighbours and the local communities in which we operate,” he said.

“AGL recognises the community’s interest in our projects and we’re committed to keeping people informed. I encourage people to visit the centre to talk to us.”

The petroleum exploration phase of the Hunter Valley Gas project is expected to continue for a at least three to five years. At this stage, AGL has obtained approximately 300km of seismic data, drilled 16 core holes and six stratigraphic holes and is operating two pilot test wells.

The centre opens today and is located at John Street, Singleton. It will be open Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm.

HVPA_research

Return to Coal Seam Gas and Environment